Vendor Liability

Vendor Liability  

Vendor Liability

  • Overview

    All vendors/contractors doing business with the University/Organization should have current and adequate coverage prior to engagement.

    Vendor Liability Program

    Vendor Liability coverage is designed to cover 3rd party vendors/contractors providing services to the college/university. It will also cover vendors/contractors while they are driving to the event, their materials, and the employees they bring to the university/organization for the event. Mercer Consumer offers a way for Universities/organizations to refer vendors/contractors without coverage or those whose coverage is inadequate to purchase appropriate coverage.


    To obtain a quote to meet your professional and general liability contractual obligation, please click here. We recommend Insureon to help you obtain coverage for your insurance needs.


    Alternatively, if you are an exhibitor, performer or vendor at a campus event, you do not require Vendor/Contractor Liability insurance, rather, you will need one of the following to meet your insurance requirements:

    • If you are an exhibitor, performer or vendor at a campus event, and you are not hosting this event, please click Exhibitor/Vendor Liability Application for the application. Once completed, please email the application to
    • If you are an exhibitor, performer or vendor AND you are hosting the event, please click Tenant User Event Liability to be directed to the appropriate online application or a TULIP Application Form that may be printed.
  • Contacts

    We're here to help! Please contact us in whatever manner is most convenient for you.


     Mailing Address
    Mercer Consumer
    PO Box 14521
    Des Moines, IA 50306-9279
    Mercer Consumer headquarters
     M-F 8a-5p CT
Apply for coverage!

Get an online premium quote and apply for Vendors/Contractors coverage.
Mercer's Role & Compensation